1. What Sawnee EMC residential rebates are currently available?
View our 2016 residential rebates and incentives.
2. Does Sawnee EMC offer a rebate for purchasing a new Energy Star rated appliances?
No, Sawnee EMC does not offer a rebate for this; however, we do offer a rebate for recycling a 2nd working refrigerator or freezer.
3. I recently completed an energy efficient upgrade and would like to take advantage of one of Sawnee’s rebates. What do I do?
You will need to mail a copy of your invoice(s) or receipt(s) to Sawnee EMC, Attn: Energy Services, 543 Atlanta Highway, Cumming, GA 30040, fax a copy to 678-513-8106 or email a file to email@example.com. With any of these methods, please be sure to include your name, address and SEMC account number with your paperwork. To be eligible for current rebates, the work must be completed in 2016 and the paperwork must be submitted to Sawnee’s Energy Services Department by December 31, 2016.
4. How will I receive my rebate?
After your rebate is approved, you will see it as a credit on your billing statement. The rebate will generally appear 1-2 billing statements after you submit your paperwork.
5. I completed an energy efficiency upgrade in 2015. Can I turn this in for a rebate in 2016?
No, unfortunately Sawnee’s rebates are not retroactive. The deadline for 2015 rebates was December 31, 2015.
6. Where can I find more information about the federal tax credits for energy efficiency upgrades?
Visit Energy Star’s Website.
7. What does Sawnee EMC’s Energy Audit consist of?
Sawnee EMC offers this service free of charge to its members. The audit generally takes 45 minutes to one hour, depending on the size of your home. An Energy Services Representative will come to your home and do an inspection of insulation, ductwork and ventilation and complete a walkthrough of the interior and exterior of your home. At the end of the inspection, the ESR will discuss all recommendations to make your home more energy efficient. Sawnee EMC’s energy audit does not include any diagnostic testing such as thermal viewing, blower door or duct blaster testing.
8. How do I schedule an energy audit for my residential account?
Contact our Customer Call Center at 770-887-2363 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and request an energy audit for your location. A representative will contact you within 2-3 business days to schedule an appointment.
9. Where can I find more information about a heat pump water heater?
You can read more at Energy Star's information page on Hybrid Water Heaters.