CUMMING, GA – Sawnee Electric Membership Corporation (Sawnee EMC) is closely tracking the current winter weather storm (Winter Storm Izzy) and has activated its emergency response plan. Ice and snow accumulation coupled with high wind gusts are predicted to be associated with Winter Storm Izzy. The greatest impact is expected to occur Sunday, January 16th. Sawnee EMC is preparing for any potential impact that Winter Storm Izzy will have on our service area. Staff is prepared to respond to any outages and crews will be strategically staged throughout our service area.
In the event of an outage, Sawnee EMC’s electric meter will notify their staff of an outage. Sawnee EMC members can also report outages via one of the methods below:
- Download the App. Sawnee's app makes it easy to report an outage whether you have iOS or Android devices. Download it by searching “Sawnee EMC” in the App Store or Google Play.
- Text Us. Report an outage by texting OUT to 768482. Members must be enrolled in SmartHub to utilize this option. Members can also text 678-999-8124 and need to be prepared to provide their Sawnee EMC account number when reporting an outage using this texting method.
- Report via our Website. Visit the Outage Resources at sawnee.com to report an outage, view our outage map and more. Updates and posts will be made to the website throughout the course of the storm.
- Call Us. Sawnee’s staff stands ready to take calls at 770-887-2363.
Additionally, Sawnee EMC members can prepare themselves for the impacts of winter weather and possible power outages as follows:
- If lines are down; do not touch them or attempt to remove limbs or other debris off lines.
- Have an alternate source of light; keep flashlights and extra batteries where they can be found easily.
- Charge mobile devices.
- Plan ahead for alternate sources of power or lodging if someone in your household depends on electricity to operate medical equipment.
- Keep a few extra blankets handy for additional warmth; don’t use fuel-fired heaters in a non-vented area.
- Read more at sawnee.com/outage-safety.
About Sawnee EMC
Sawnee Electric Membership Corporation is an electric distribution cooperative headquartered in Cumming, Georgia. Sawnee serves electricity to approximately 191,000 accounts in seven (7) counties of greater north Georgia. Sawnee’s total assets exceed $885 million, with energy sales of 3.8 billion kWh and annual revenue of approximately $417 million. With a team of approximately 363 dedicated professionals and over 11,855 miles of distribution line, Sawnee stands ready at all times to meet the needs of its members/owners. SEMC strives daily to live up to their motto…
“At Sawnee EMC, We’re More Than Electricity, We’re Service”.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer