(Cumming, Georgia, June 11, 2019) – Operation Round Up donations target community needs. The Foundation Board awarded several significant donations to local charitable organizations. They are:
- Family Haven – will use their grant to purchase food, personal supplies and medical costs.
- North Metro Miracle League – will use their grant for their “Growing Together Conservation” program.
- MUST Ministries – will use their grant to provide rental assistance to families facing possible homelessness.
- Autrey Mill Nature Preserve & Heritage Center – will use their grant for several projects on the Preserve to enhance the tours and other facilities.
- Bethany Place – Will use their grant to replace gutters, downspouts and facia board on their shelter.
- Gwinnett Tech Foundation – will use their grant to provide scholarships to students at the Alpharetta campus.
Interested applicants are required to submit an application to the Foundation Board for consideration. In order to qualify for a grant, the 501 (c) charity must be located in Sawnee EMC’s service area and/or provide a service to the community. Teachers can also apply for funds through the Bright Ideas program, which is part of Operation Round Up. A public or private school teacher is eligible to apply for funding as long as the school he or she teaches at is within the Sawnee EMC service area.
These programs are made possible by the 18,000 plus members of Sawnee EMC choosing each month to round their electric bill up to the next highest dollar. This “extra change” goes directly into the Foundation and is gifted back into the communities Sawnee EMC serves. The average donation a member makes annually is $6…pennies a month. These small, yet generous, donations have allowed the Foundation Board to donate over $2.8 Million back into the communities since inception in 2003.
For more information about the Operation Round Up program, please call Cindy Badgett, Director of External Affairs at 678-455-1399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Sawnee EMC
Sawnee Electric Membership Corporation is an electric distribution cooperative headquartered in Cumming, Georgia. Sawnee serves electricity to approximately 180,000 accounts in seven (7) counties of greater north Georgia. Sawnee’s assets exceed $703 million, with energy sales of 3.76 billion kWh and annual revenue of $366 million. With a team of approximately 340 dedicated professionals and over 11,350 miles of distribution line, Sawnee stands ready at all times to meet the needs of its members/owners. SEMC strives daily to live up to their motto…
“At Sawnee EMC, We’re More Than Electricity, We’re Service”.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.